Canadian Community for Dialogue and Deliberation
C2D2 2007 Conference Take another Look and Register Today!
Not yet registered for the Canadian Community for Dialogue and Deliberation (C2D2) 2007 Conference Facing Complex Issues Together Take a look at what the Conference has to offer you:
A rich slate of interactive sessions—plenary, concurrent and poster—as well as innovative and fun "after hours" sessions designed to stimulate and inform.
Presenters, speakers and panelists you'll want to hear — including Matt Leighninger (author of The Next Form of Democracy), Bettye Pruitt (a social historian, Boston University who develops practices and tools for collective learning and action), David Beers (Editor of the Tyee), Andrew Nikiforuk (a Calgary journalist who writes about complex issues), Mark Winston (researcher, teacher, writer) and Ian Hanomansing (CBC TV journalist).
Gala dinner and dialogue—with Hope as an Antidote to Cynicism as an appetizer, our gala dinner dialogue will stimulate and engage participants in questions about public involvement in democracy. Animated by Carolyn Bennett, MP and Carolyn Lukensmeyer, AmerciaSpeaks/21st Century Town Hall (TBC). (Open to Conference registrants and the public.)
Why You Should Attend! Gain insights into the constructive role that dialogue and deliberation can play in meeting today's challenges, and learn how to:
- Create conditions for collaborative action on the global and local issues of our times
- Facilitate better informed, balanced actions and decisions
- Transform conflicted relationships and increase understanding
- Encourage people to deepen their understanding, create shared meaning, look for common ground, encourage information-sharing, deepen their awareness of values and help set good direction
- Provide opportunities for stakeholder and public input to influence decisions affecting our future
- Provide decision-makers with the benefit of the understanding and insights of key stakeholders and the public
- Encourage citizens to be actively involved in their communities
The conference takes place Vancouver, November 12-14, 2007, at the Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue at Simon Fraser University and the Vancouver Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Undecided? Visit the C2D2 blog to see what registrants are saying and to have your say.
Spread the Word! Please share this message with your colleagues and networks and help "grow" the Canadian Community for Dialogue and Deliberation.
Register Today! See you in Vancouver!
Visit www.c2d2.ca for full information.
A review of our May 2010 event at SFU's Wosk Centre for Dialogue. More...
Culturally Inclusive Sustainability Education. More...
British Columbia's Universities and Colleges Respond to the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Targets Act. More...
The current state of sustainability in B.C. Universities and Colleges. More...
Registered users: 1181
Members online: 0
Visitors online: 20